Sunday 29 July 2012

Day 2: Keep On, Keepin' On



   Hey all…just checking in at the end of day 2 of the Wild Rose D-Tox. After the concert last night, I dropped my friends off at Poutini’s (no booze = DD for the night) and went home to “indulge” in some late night rice cakes and almond butter. So yeah, significantly healthier than poutine – and felt no guilt in the morning! Speaking of almonds, I also bought some almond milk to add to my coffee this morning, which has made it much more enjoyable.
   As for food, basically ate a bunch of blueberries, cherries, kale chips, brown rice, apples, almond butter, humus,  rice cakes, carrots and oatmeal today. I think I may actually be eating more calories than I normally would – I haven’t felt hungry or deprived so far at all. Also, I think that I am eating a lot more fat than usual (good fats, mind you). Typically I buy low fat everything: peanut butter, yogurt, skim milk, egg whites vs whole eggs, etc. With this diet, I’m eating things like almond butter, humus and almond milk, which all have fat in them and are something I’d typically steer clear of or find a low fat alternative for. So, I’m a little wary of whether or not I’ll actually lose weight, considering I was pretty calorie and fat content conscious before. I’ve actually chosen not to weigh myself, since I know it will just make me completely neurotic and crazy, but I know I’ll be able to feel/see if I’ve lost weight at the end of the detox.
   As for other side effects, my stomach was making some pretty weird noises this aft, which I’d heard other people have dealt with on this program. As for the herbal laxatives, I don’t find them to be too much for me at all – if I didn’t know I was taking them, I wouldn’t notice much out of the ordinary on the bathroom front, to be honest! I know I’d read some people found them to be too harsh, but I’m not experiencing that at all. Fatigue wise, I am fine, because like I said, I definitely have not gone hungry.  I am a bit tired this evening, but I think it’s because I spent the afternoon in the sun with some friends hanging out at Trinity Bellwoods Park. I’m planning on going for a 6.5km run tonight once the sun goes down and it cools off a bit. In the meantime, I’m going to prepare my lunch for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I also started on Saturday and on Sunday (day 2) did two back-to-back yoga classes. Felt good - no fatigue and no awkward emergency departures from my mat. :)

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete