Tuesday 31 July 2012

Day 4: Here comes the fatigue...

   Day 4 is here, and I'm still going strong. Well, relatively. Last night on my run, I was so exhausted I actually had to take a seat for a minute and walk part of the way - rarely does this ever happen! I feel like I was going to fall asleep standing up. I'm wondering if it's because although I don't feel hungry on the detox, I'm really not eating a lot of carbs. Had a pretty big day at work today, so taking the day off from running to let my body recover a bit.
   Today was the first time I had to go out to eat...eeeek! Furthermore, I was with a client, so I didn't want to look totally neurotic. Luckily we went to School Bakery which had seared tuna on a bun with a side of greens and avocado, which is what I went with (hold the bun, obviously!). Let me assure you, going into a restaurant specializing in baked goods is probably not a great idea when you're on this detox. 
   Speaking of yummy treats, one that I've tried that feels like cheating but isn't that's super easy to make: rice crackers and guacamole. It's clearly not close to real chips and guac, but it's a reasonable facsimile on the Wild Rose D-Tox diet. Obviously, I don't have a ton of time (or willpower) to cook, so I'm sticking to the basics that are actually satisfying: brown rice, avocados, almond butter, etc. Hoping to whip up some more interesting dishes on the weekend.

School Bakery treats. Drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment