Friday 3 August 2012

Day 7: Ugh, cheated...

   Oh geez...my first real(ish) cheat. I think my failure was due to not eating breakfast leaving lunch too late which resulted in me being starving! I had several (maybe like, 7-8?) Sour Patch Kids after my salad (left over snacks from a work meeting). I am thinking this shouldn't completely ruin my efforts thus far. Trying to remember that a small slip up doesn't mean I need to completely give up on everything. I find that's often the case when I have something bad to eat - I figure "Today is completely ruined, so I may as well just completely blow it." Definitely the wrong mentality. Another thing I've noticed: I am much more tempted when I am alone with bad food. At home, it's not a problem because I keep it out of the house. But when I'm in the office kitchen alone with left over candy, cookies or muffins...it's realllllly difficult to resist, since it's not even an option at home. However, I am thinking that if I wasn't on this detox, a few Sour Patch Kids as the only sugar I've had in a week would be pretty damn commendable.
    Went for another sluggish run last night. Even though I had taken two days of rest (which is a rarity) I was still super tired on my run. Typically after a day off I have tons of energy and feel really recharged on my run - not so much last night. The fact that it was still about 27 degrees and extremely humid probably contributed to my fatigue.
   As I mentioned yesterday, I am heading to Sauble Beach, probably first thing tomorrow morning. My plan as of now is to pack a bunch of detox-safe snacks so that I don't make my host feel awkward. Although I won't have internet access (I guess I could blog from my phone but...I just don't feel like downloading the app), I will try to write each night and post when I am back in the city. Hope everyone has a fantastic long weekend! Wish me luck!
The culprits....arrrrgggg!

1 comment:

  1. Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates.<a href="https://www.vitasave.ca/>vitamin canada</a>

    ReplyDelete